The 2020 One Take Film Festival (OTFF) is now open for short film submissions! We're looking for documentary short films from all across Western New York (Buffalo, ROchester, Syracuse Ithaca areas). Deadline to submit is Feb. 29, 2020. Entry fee is $10.
The One Take Film Festival celebrates and promotes the art of documentary and non-fiction filmmaking. Over the course of four days, the festival stimulates public understanding and appreciation of the art of documentary filmmaking in its many forms. We seek films that inspire, surprise, challenge, enlighten, and entertain us. Now entering its fourth year, this Rochester, NY film festival has grown out the Little Theatre's highly successful "One Take" monthly documentary series that began in 2012.
*** Public submissions are only for short-form documentaries from Western New York (WNY) filmmakers. Shorts must be non-fiction, and must either be produced in the greater WNY region, from a filmmaker with roots or formerly from WNY, or a film about WNY. We define the greater WNY region as Buffalo, Syracuse, Rochester, Ithaca, and everything in between. Short films must be 30 minutes or less. Student, amateur, and professional filmmakers are all encouraged to apply. ***
Rules & Terms
- Preview screening format is an online screener ONLY. (No DVD, disc, or drive screeners.)
- Films with a running time of 30 minutes and under qualify as shorts.
- If submitting more than one film, a separate completed entry is required for each title.
- Submission fees are not refundable.
- A screening committee determines which films shall be exhibited; submissions are not guaranteed to be shown. All decisions of the committee are final.
- Foreign-language films are welcome and encouraged to apply, but must include English subtitles.
- Selected films must be made available as a DCP or Quicktime (ideally ProRes).
- One Take Film Festival reserves the right to use film stills, posters, and/or excerpts of accepted films for promotional purposes.
- Films are scheduled at the discretion of One Take Film Festival, which retains the right to make changes to the published schedule at any time and for any reason.
LEGAL / RIGHTS / CLEARANCES
It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to clear all rights before your film screens at the festival. By submitting a film, the filmmaker acknowledges that they have secured all applicable licenses and waivers of copyrights, moral rights, trademarks and any intellectual property rights.
The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
The submitter shall indemnify and hold harmless One Take Film Festival, The Little Theatre, and WXXI from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.