SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN.
The One Take Film Festival has grown out the Little Theatre's highly successful monthly documentary series that began in 2012. It celebrates and promotes the art of non-fiction filmmaking and stimulates public understanding and appreciation of documentary film. The festival is a four-day jubilee of education, art, music, food, empowerment, and film that brings together filmmakers and audiences for direct engagement after each event.
This is an extraordinarily vital time for non-fiction filmmaking as an artistic form.
The One Take Film Festival was created to showcase non-fiction films. If you are a local film-maker and create interesting non-fiction films we would love to hear from you. In order to submit a film for review please use the form below. We don't allow uploading of films, so instead we ask for a link to your Vimeo account.
If you would like to submit please read the following Official Submission Guidelines:
- Submission Deadline: Feb 25th, 2019
- Only short documentaries will be accepted. Films must be under 30 minutes in length.
- Filmmakers must be from OR reside in Western NY at time of submission
- Documentaries can focus on any topic and be any sub-genre. (ex. experimental, observational, animated, etc.)
- Post-production must have been completed by the time of submission AND completed no earlier than 2017.
- Submission format: In order to be considered film MUST be submitted as either a Vimeo link or a YouTube private link.
- Final show format must be submitted as a .MOV or .MP4 on a thumb or hard drive, to be received at the Little Theatre offices no later than April 10th, 2019.
- There is No Entry fee to submit!