The One Take Film Festival has grown out the Little Theatre's highly successful monthly documentary series that began in 2012. It celebrates and promotes the art of non-fiction filmmaking and stimulates public understanding and appreciation of documentary film. The festival is a four-day jubilee of education, art, music, food, empowerment, and film that brings together filmmakers and audiences for direct engagement after each event.
This is an extraordinarily vital time for non-fiction filmmaking as an artistic form.
The One Take Film Festival was created to showcase non-fiction films. If you are a local film-maker and create interesting non-fiction films we would love to hear from you. In order to submit a film for review please use the form below. We don't allow uploading of films, so instead we ask for a link to your Vimeo account.
If you would like to submit please read the following Official Submission Guidelines:
- Submission Deadline: Feb 15th, 2018
- Only short documentaries will be accepted. Films must be under 30 minutes in length.
- Documentaries can focus on any topic and be any sub-genre. (ex. experimental, observational, animated, etc.)
- Post-production must have been completed by the time of submission AND completed no earlier than 2016.
- Submission format: In order to be considered film MUST be submitted as either a Vimeo link or a YouTube private link.
- Final show format must be submitted as a .MOV or .MP4 on a thumb or hard drive, to be received at the Little Theatre offices no later than April 6th, 2018.
- There is No Entry fee to submit!